Best Driver Update Software: 2020 Driver Detective Edition
- 1 Best Driver Update Software: 2020 Driver Detective Edition
- 1.1 Finding Latest Drivers for Computers
- 1.2 What to do if Windows is unable or fails to upgrade my driver?
- 1.3 Windows Drivers FAQ
- 1.4 Do I Need to Update My Device Drivers?
- 1.5 How to Check if Windows Drivers Are Up to Date?
- 1.6 What Is the Best Driver Update Software?
At Driver Detective we review the best driver update software for Windows based PCs making sure they are compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10 operating systems. We offer a free scan via our secure download link – get your PC working as it should with Driver Detective.
Do you find it frustrating to find the best driver for your connected devices? Maybe your PC is not operating as fast as it should, or your hardware simply refuses to work properly. Many times, the issue is an out of date driver. Often people ask, how do I update my device drivers? The easy way is to use our free scan tool:
Even when you have a reliable device such as a good printer, trusty scanner or digital camera – original CD disks can be accidently lost or long serial numbers that have been written down can be misplaced or thrown out – but these are so important in order for your PC and hardware to function as it should.
With the best Windows update driver tool for 2020, top rated by Driver Detective you will not have to worry about searching online for the latest drivers as our rated software automatically updates with the latest updates and security fixes, so you can be sure your laptop or desktop computer has the best drivers installed for your peace of mind – having updated drivers also increases the security of your devices, manufacturers often update drivers and firmware patches because of security issues.
Finding Latest Drivers for Computers
With over 9 million drivers already on the system for motherboards, video, controllers, keyboards, printers, mouse and all other devices that require drivers from top brands like Sony Drivers UK, Dell Drivers UK, Acer Drivers UK, Asus, HP Drivers, Alienware, Konica, Canon, Lexmark, ATI Drivers UK, nVidia, MSI, Creative, Samsung, Brother, Fujitsu, VIA, Xerox, Gateway, Belkin, Toshiba and more!, you can be sure a simple mouse is all that’s required to get your Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP PC updated with all the necessary drivers to get your computer working again at top speed!
The Manual Way of Updating your Computer Peripherals
Instead of downloading software you can of course manually update all drivers from your Windows control panel or install the original disks that shipped with the product. If you no longer have the CD disk and find yourself asking: how do I update Windows drivers without a disk? then you can look for a model number on the hardware and then search on Google or try our download tool for free to see if it can update the device for you.
Newer editions of Windows are better automatically updating drivers. Here are our basic but easy to follow guides on how to update drivers:
- Firstly, you need to access “Device Manager” – simply press Win-X (that is the big Windows logo button on your keyboard plus the X key, at the same time). Click on Device Manager in the left-hand menu.
- Now you can see all the devices that are connected to your computer. Scroll down the page until you see the device you are having issues with. Click the “<” icon to expand the selection.
- You should be able to see a model name or product number. Right click on this and then select the option of “Update Driver Software”.
- Select either “Search automatically for updated software” or “Browse my computer for driver software. Try option one first – hopefully Windows will be able to locate the original file on your PC and everything will work fine. If this fails, then option two is when you look online and download yourself the file which is then stored on your hard drive.
Most files such as zip files are stored in the downloads folder (if using Chrome). Simply select the relevant files and click OK. The update process should now work, and your hardware should be working as expected.
What to do if Windows is unable or fails to upgrade my driver?
If you think that the troublesome device is causing your computer to freeze, lock up or perform slow then uninstall the device from your machine then reboot.
If your computer is working fine then download our driver detective diagnostic tool (plugin your device beforehand), run the scan and update the driver as per the instructions of the software.
Windows Drivers FAQ
According to The Verge, there are now more than one billion PCs around the globe that run Windows. Every last one of them depends on up-to-date drivers in order to run programs and especially to recognise and use external devices.
Want to know a technical explanation of what a device driver is? (click here to read).
Think of drivers as miniature programs that tell your computer what to do with the various pieces of hardware and accessories associated with it. It is the software dialogue box between different hardware components.
You normally view a PC as a single unit, but the truth is that it consists of a number of separate components that work in unison with one another. Drivers make that unison possible and ensure the smooth communication between keyboard, motherboard, monitor, mouse, and all other relevant computer elements. Their seamless dialogue creates the impression of PCs as monolithic, responsive, reliable machines.
Do I Need to Update My Device Drivers?
Like any other software, drivers receive regular updates. On the one hand, updates take care of fixing bugs and improving driver performance on a continuous basis, even without respective hardware updates. On the other, hardware evolves as well, and drivers need to be updated to ensure the dialogue between the new hardware components remains optimal. For instance, upgrading your standard mouse to a fully stacked gaming mouse requires a driver update in order to allow your PC to ‘read’ and ‘understand’ what the extra scroll wheels and side buttons of the new mouse tell it to do.
How to Update Device Drivers? (hint: use the best driver update software)
The process of updating Windows device drivers can take manual and automatic form. The manual solution is often somewhat cumbersome. It starts with you opening the Device Manager from your Control Panel, locating individual devices in the list, clicking on each of them, and finally selecting the option “Update driver software”.
From there, you can search for the software update automatically or try to locate the driver file yourself, either on your PC or anywhere online. Of course, there is a better way: There is a variety of software applications that specialise in the hassle-free, automatic update of all device drivers.
How to Check if Windows Drivers Are Up to Date?
Again, there are manual and automatic solutions. The manual route follows the steps we already covered above. If your prompt to “Update driver software” returns a message that the software is up to date, your job here is done. If, however, the driver is already out of date and a newer version cannot be located automatically, you are in for some work trying to find a reputable online source that you can trust with your driver software update. Again, having an automatic solution in place can simplify the process considerably.
What Is the Best Driver Update Software?
Knowing what an important role device drivers play, any automatic driver update software has to be safe, first and foremost. It is easy to hide malicious code inside driver updates, so any good software application would only rely on highly-reputed vendor and official sources. A good driver update software should also be easy to install and use since its main function is to simplify and streamline the update process.
Finally, driver emergencies do occur, and in moments like these you need great customer support. Driver Detective checks all the boxes and delivers quick, secure, and effective Windows device driver updates around the clock.
Download The Best Driver Update Software
There are of course many software programs out there you can try out on freeware or trial.
Winning many awards for excellence, quality and performance, our best driver updater software is tested to ensure that it meets the following requirements:
- Safe to use – all our software is tested to make sure they are not riddled with spyware or adware. We use reputable vendors that are experts in their field.
- Easy to install and operate – with our software you are up and running within a couple of minutes (for your safety we ask that you register the software with an email address). With an intuitive interface and powerful scanning engine we are confident we have the best driver program to get the job done.
- Customer support – it’s important our customers get help when they need it. Can’t find a driver you need? Talk to a real person through either live chat or ticket update system and let tech support sort your issue out quickly, in a friendly manner.
- Automatic updates – our tool is programmed to update with the newest and most stable device drivers. No more searching on the web for out of date files.
If you are looking for driver updating software tool that self-build and updates itself with the newest drivers, tested to work on all Windows editions then download today for free and see for yourself just how quick and reliable this software performs in delivering the RIGHT drivers for your computer.